ELECTION INFORMATION FOR UPCOMING 2017 ELECTIONS:
Please visit the Cobb County Board of Elections for the most current information: http://www.cobbelections.org/
CITY OF SMYRNA RUNOFF FOR SPECIAL ELECTION WARD 3
MUNICIPAL / RUNOFF SPECIAL ELECTION - DECEMBER 5, 2017
Am I in Ward 3? Look up your Ward here
Am I in Senate District 6? Look up your Senate District here
Election Day / December 5, 2017 / Open 7am - 7pm Election Day
Cobb County Voting Options
Eligible voters can vote at any of the following locations
Dates and Hours Vary by Location
Vote NOVEMBER 27th through DECEMBER 1st at these locations:
MAIN OFFICE (MARIETTA)
736 Whitlock Ave., Marietta 30064-4663
Smyrna Community Center (SMYRNA)
200 Village Green Circle, Smyrna, GA 30080-3479
• NO VOTING On Monday, December 4th
For more information including the Vote by Mail application see
www.CobbElections.org or call 770/528-2581
There is NO VOTING on Monday, November 6th
Accepting Campaign Donations:
Many laws regulating the acceptance of campaign contributions are governed by the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. Please visit their Website before accepting any donations.
List of Registered Voters:
Please call the Cobb Elections Office at 770/528-2581 for information about ordering lists of registered voters in your Ward.
O.C.G.A. § 16-7-58(a) prohibits you from erecting signs on public or private property if you do not have permission to do so. Please note that the offices of Cobb County Government, Cobb County School District, and Marietta City Schools have indicated that they do not give permission for any campaign signs on their property.
It shall be unlawful for any person to place posters, signs, or advertisements:
1. On any public property or building, unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; provided, however, that signs within the rights of way of public roads shall be governed by Code Section 32-6-51;
2. On any private property unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; and, provided, further that no municipal, county, or consolidated government may restrict by regulation or other means the length of time a political campaign sign may be displayed or the number of signs which may be displayed on private property for which permission has been granted; or
3. On any property zoned for commercial or industrial uses if the placement of such posters, signs, or advertisements conflicts with any zoning laws or ordinances.
O.C.G.A. § 21-2-414 prohibits campaign signs on Election Day, including those on vehicles and hand-held, within 150 feet of a polling place or 25 feet of voters standing in line to vote.
1. No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign literature, newspaper, booklet, pamphlet, card, sign, paraphernalia, or any other written or printed matter of any kind, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition or conduct any exit poll or public opinion poll with voters on any day in which ballots are being cast:
1. Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established;
2. Within any polling place; or
3. Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.
The following information is provided to help you research sign ordinances in Cobb County and the various cities.
City of Smyrna Community Development Offices - 770-319-5387 City of Smyrna Sign Ordinance
VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE*
If you are a resident of Ward 3 and wish to vote in your Councilmember's upcoming election:
Smyrna Polling Locations:
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY RESIDENTS OF WARD 3 MAY VOTE FOR THE WARD 3 COUNCILMEMBER OFFICE