ELECTION INFORMATION FOR UPCOMING 2018 ELECTIONS:
STATE-WIDE PRIMARY ELECTION MAY 22, 2018 ALL PRECINCTS WILL BE OPEN:
VOTING INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT THE SECRETARY OF STATE WEBSITE AT:
CALL FOR A SPECIAL ELECTION
CITY OF SMYRNA – WARD 6
NOTICE is hereby given that a Special Election will be held on TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2018, in conjunction with the General Primary, to fill a vacancy in the office of Smyrna City Council, Ward 6, caused by the resignation of Mr. Doug Stoner. If necessary, a Special Election Runoff will be held on July 24, 2018. The polls will be open from 7:00am to 7:00pm and the election will be held in the following election precincts:
SMYRNA 6A: Campbell Middle School, 3295 S. Atlanta Rd., Smyrna GA 30080
Please visit the Cobb County Board of Elections for the most current information: http://www.cobbelections.org/
CITY OF SMYRNA FOR SPECIAL ELECTION WARD 6
Qualifying for candidates was held Smyrna City Hall, 2800 King Street, Smyrna GA 30080, March 5 - 7, 2018
Smyrna Qualified Candidates Ward 6 Special Election - Cobb County Link to list of Candidates
Ward 6 Special Election Final Qualified Candidate List - List of Smyrna Ward 6 Qualified Candidates
Residents of the City of Smyrna who are qualified to register to vote, and are not currently registered, or who need to update their voter registration information, may do so through the close of business Tuesday, April 24, 2018. Persons may register to vote online at www.mvp.sos.ga.gov or at any of the designated places for registering Cobb County residents. If you have moved into, out of, or within the city limits of Smyrna and have not notified the Cobb Board of Elections and Registration, please do so no later than April 24, 2018.
Early In-Person Voting will begin Monday, April 30, 2018 and end on Friday, May 18, 2018. The hours and locations for Early Voting will be available on www.CobbElections.org.
Voters who wish to vote by Mail may apply by submitting an application to the Cobb County Elections Office at P.O. Box 649, Marietta, GA 30061, by emailing an application to Absentee@CobbCounty.org or by faxing an application to (770) 528-2458. Applications are available at www.CobbElections.org. Voted ballots must be received by 7:00pm, Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
City residents may call (770) 528-2581 for any questions regarding registration or voting.
MUNICIPAL SPECIAL ELECTION - May 22, 2018
Am I in Ward 6? Look up your Ward here
Cobb County Voting Options
Early In-Person Voting
Eligible voters can vote at any of the following locations
Dates and Hours Vary by Location
Vote: Beginning Monday, April 30th through May 18, 2018 at these locations:
MAIN OFFICE (MARIETTA)
736 Whitlock Ave., Marietta 30064-4663
For more information including the Vote by Mail application see
www.CobbElections.org or call 770/528-2581
Accepting Campaign Donations:
Many laws regulating the acceptance of campaign contributions are governed by the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. Please visit their Website before accepting any donations.
List of Registered Voters:
Please call the Cobb Elections Office at 770/528-2581 for information about ordering lists of registered voters in your Ward.
O.C.G.A. § 16-7-58(a) prohibits you from erecting signs on public or private property if you do not have permission to do so. Please note that the offices of Cobb County Government, Cobb County School District, and Marietta City Schools have indicated that they do not give permission for any campaign signs on their property.
It shall be unlawful for any person to place posters, signs, or advertisements:
1. On any public property or building, unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; provided, however, that signs within the rights of way of public roads shall be governed by Code Section 32-6-51;
2. On any private property unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; and, provided, further that no municipal, county, or consolidated government may restrict by regulation or other means the length of time a political campaign sign may be displayed or the number of signs which may be displayed on private property for which permission has been granted; or
3. On any property zoned for commercial or industrial uses if the placement of such posters, signs, or advertisements conflicts with any zoning laws or ordinances.
O.C.G.A. § 21-2-414 prohibits campaign signs on Election Day, including those on vehicles and hand-held, within 150 feet of a polling place or 25 feet of voters standing in line to vote.
1. No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign literature, newspaper, booklet, pamphlet, card, sign, paraphernalia, or any other written or printed matter of any kind, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition or conduct any exit poll or public opinion poll with voters on any day in which ballots are being cast:
1. Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established;
2. Within any polling place; or
3. Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.
The following information is provided to help you research sign ordinances in Cobb County and the various cities.
City of Smyrna Community Development Offices - 770-319-5387 City of Smyrna Sign Ordinance
VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE* VOTE*
If you are a resident of Ward 6 and wish to vote in your Councilmember's upcoming election:
Smyrna Polling Locations:
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY RESIDENTS OF WARD 6 MAY VOTE FOR THE WARD 6 COUNCILMEMBER OFFICE