The City of Smyrna, beginning in February 2017, is updating the Comprehensive Plan. The process is referred to as "Guide Smyrna." Guide Smyrna is the community-based planning process for updating the City of Smyrna's Comprehensive Plan which is the overarching policy and implementation guide for future growth and development. The process will focus on future land use and also address transportation, housing, and economic development, core issues that shape our collective future and require open dialogue and strategic thinking to affect change over the next 20 years. Guide Smyrna will build upon the overall vision set by the 2014 Vision Plan as well as land use policy established in our existing 2030 Comprehensive Plan (adopted in 2007) and other City of Smyrna planning efforts.
Guide Smyrna website - (link to the left will guide you to the study website where you will find information about the purpose of the study and any associated diagrams and guidance such as meeting dates and public interaction and comment opportunities.
- Community Survey - available through the project website
- Community Meetings:
- Public Workshop 1: Thursday, February 16 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Brawner Hall (3180 Atlanta Rd, Smyrna Ga 30080)
- Public Workshop 2: Tuesday, March 21 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Brawner Hall (3180 Atlanta Rd, Smyrna Ga 30080)
- Public Engagement at the Spring Jonquil Festival - Saturday April 29 & Sun. April 30
- Public Open House: Thursday, June 8 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Brawner Hall (3180 Atlanta Rd, Smyrna Ga 30080)