3475 Lake Drive, Smyrna Ga 30082
The City of Smyrna Recycling Center no longer accepts Christmas Trees for Recycling. There is an annual "Bring One for the Chipper" event for Christmas Tree Recycling. Please refer to the event calendar for more information.
Hours: Tues., Wed., Fri. - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sat. 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. & Thurs. - 12 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Closed: Sun. and Mon.
Smyrna Recycling Center Notice
Because of traffic and safety issues, trash and yard waste will NOT be accepted at the Recycling Center.
These items will be accepted by Advanced Disposal at their Transfer Station at 4649 South Cobb Drive in Smyrna: Mon. – Fri. 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. / Sat. 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
There will be a flat fee of $7.00 for 400 lbs or less; $.03/lb for any additional weight. All vehicles will be weighed in and out unless the scale operator determines that the load is significantly less than 400 lbs.
The telephone number for Advanced Disposal is 770-436-6126.
The Keep Smyrna Beautiful Commission needs your help with our program at the recycling center. In order to make sure all of the materials stay out of a landfill we must ask our citizens to please use the following guidelines:
*The Recycling Center now accepts cooking oil, used motor oil, rechargeable batteries, books, new/used clothing and shoes.*
WE ACCEPT FOR RECYLING:
1. ALUMINUM BEVERAGE CANS
2. ALUMINUM, NON-BEVERAGE -- aluminum foil, pie tins, gutters, etc. (these go in the ‘mixed metal’ bin)
3. BATTERIES, RECHARGEABLE -- No alkaline or single-use batteries accepted
4. BATTERIES, VEHICLE – lead-acid auto, boat, motorcycle batteries, etc.
5. BOOKS – hardcover, paperback, encyclopedias, textbooks
6. CARDBOARD – chipboard, pasteboard, corrugated boxes; ALL MUST BE FLAT
7. CELL PHONES– working or non-working
8. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
9. COOKING OIL, USED
10. CORDS, CABLES, WIRES
11. ELECTRONICS, ALL TYPES – TV’s require a $20 fee; CRT monitors require a $10 fee
12. FERROUS METALS and ALL-METAL APPLIANCES such as washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters (No dishwashers, unless all-metal). APPLIANCES CONTAINING COOLANT $35 FEE.
13. FLAGS – We collect old American flags for a proper ceremonial disposal
14. FLUORESCENT BULBS – all types, whole (unbroken) RESIDENTIAL ONLY
15. GLASS JARS AND BOTTLES ONLY – color-separated
• NO OTHER GLASS IS ACCEPTED – drinkware, vases, cookware, ashtrays, Pyrex, windows, mirrors, candles, etc. are NOT accepted.
16. INK-JET CARTRIDGES, TONER CARTRIDGES
17. PAPER, ALL TYPES – junk mail, newspapers, magazines, office paper, shredded paper, paper bags, etc.
18. PLASTICS – clean #1 and #2 plastic containers only. No large rigid plastics (such as toys, buckets, garbage cans)
19. PLASTIC SIX-PACK RINGS
20. PLASTIC BAGS – grocery bags, shopping bags, newspaper sleeves, dry-cleaning bags, product wrap – all bags must
be clean and dry. No food bags, shower curtains, tablecloths, mulch bags, pet food bags, bird seed bags, etc.
21. SHOES – athletic shoes in any condition; all other shoes should be in wearable condition and in pairs
22. STAINLESS STEEL
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
1. Glass other than jars & bottles
2. #3 thru #7 plastics
3. Large rigid plastics (toys, buckets, garbage cans, etc.)
5. propane tanks
6. mercury-containing devices (except fluorescent bulbs)
8. child car seats
9. alkaline or single-use batteries
11. liquids other than cooking oil (no motor oil or anti-freeze)
12. dishwashers unless all-metal
13. wood of any kind
14. furniture unless all-metal
15. plastic shower curtains
16. plastic tablecloths
17. plastic food packaging
18. medical waste
19. construction waste
20. mattresses, toilets
21. hazardous or toxic materials
22. Christmas trees
23. yard waste or trash of any kind
CALL US AT 770-431-2869 FOR INFO ON WHERE TO RECYCLE /DISPOSE OF OTHER MATERIALS
For information call 770-431-2869 or Ann Kirk at 770-431-2863