- Leaves, grass clippings and yard waste, (small sticks, brush) must be placed in paper bags. No rocks or dirt, this includes plants and shrubs with dirt attached to the root system should be placed in the bag(s). Paper bags can be purchased at hardware stores, home improvement warehouses, and grocery stores. The use of plastic bags for this material is prohibited. Yard Debris will be picked up each Wednesday unless a holiday falls within the week.
- Limbs, branches and small trees with a diameter no larger than 8 inches and length no longer than 4 feet will be picked up on Wednesdays and must be placed at curbside by 7:00 a.m. for collection. Placement of this material must not be under trees, power lines or against fences.
- Removal of trees cut down by tree service contractor are the responsibility of the resident's contractor.
- Please note there will be no yard debris pick up during a holiday week.
It is critical that anything for collection not be placed in the street and that trash and garbage not be mixed with yard waste. The City of Smyrna continues to work to deliver the best and most cost effective service program possible to comply with the State landfill ban on yard waste. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance in meeting this goal.
- Large trash items (trash items too large for regular garbage collection such as mattresses, appliances, furniture, etc.) will be picked up when a work order request is made by the resident calling (770) 431-2850 or going online and making a Service Request. The deadline for these requests is Wednesday's by 4:30 p.m. of each week and the collection dates will be scheduled for Thursdays or Fridays.
- The City will charge a $25.00 fee for each large item. The City will no longer pick up refrigerators, freezers, a/c units.
- Small trash items will be collected the same day as your garbage collection.
- Removal of carpet and padding installed by a carpet contractor remains the responsibility of the resident's contractor.
- Please note there will be no large items collected during a holiday week.
- Please read your message line on your utility bill for schedule changes.
The following must be removed by the property owner:
- Debris as a result of an eviction.
- All construction materials.
- Dry wall.
- Roofing materials.
- Vehicle or vehicle parts.