Public Messages / Weather event related messages for the period of Feb. 11 through Feb. 14, 2014 / Track power outages / Georgia Power http://outagemap.georgiapower.com/external/default.html
- The City of Smyrna Emergency Operations Center is scheduled to close at noon on Thursday, February 13. Though conditions on many or most major roads in Smyrna are improving, side streets remain questionable or unsafe for driving. If you do not need to drive today, please do not. If you have to drive today, please use extreme caution and remain mindful of the combination of moisture and temperatures on roadways as evening and below freezing temperatures develop.
- City of Smyrna offices closed on Thurs., Feb. 13. / Sanitation schedule adjusted. Until further notice: Thursday routes collected on Friday and Friday routes collected Saturday.
- City of Smyrna offices are closed on Wed., Feb. 12 and Thurs. Feb. 13.
- Court is cancelled for Thurs., Feb. 13 and rescheduled for March 25.
- License and Variance Board meeting for this week is cancelled.
- Beginning Monday, February 10, 2014, the City of Smyrna issued a public notification and safety message regarding preparing to shelter in place for the approaching weather. (The message may be found in the Event roll through Feb. 14 and as a separate page under this Weather/Emergency/Road Message listing.)
2-12-14 / 6:34 a.m. - Ice is beginning to form on surfaces in our area. Public Safety and Emergency Management requesting that people stay off the roads and remain indoors. This message was delivered via social media platforms and the Nixle system.